Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Virgin Blog--making a stand.

This is my very first blog.  Anyone who knows me will know that I'm somewhat repelled by the idea of blogging.  Say the word out loud to yourself.  It sounds like a medical condition involving water retention, or a noise you make while revisiting the too many vodkas you drank the night before.  "BLOG".  Yuck.
Don't get me started on "bloggers".  Many people who would put themselves in this category are spending more hours of the day typing about doing something than actually doing it. I'm from the midwest, and we don't waste words or time.  I am a do-er.  My first words were "I'll do it!" when my mom wasn't putting together my toy fast enough.  Seriously, ask her!
My crusty opinions aside, I'm going to make a good, honest attempt at embracing social media as it pertains to my art.  I'll be posting my plush toys, puppets, costumes, and other various entertaining artsy farsty-ness, which I guarantee will make you pee your pants with joy and forget all about my senior citizen-esque attitude toward blogs (uck, that word again).  I'll also be keeping you up to date on my impending appearance on TLC's Craft Wars--YAY!
Until next time, I will be in my workshop (*at my coffee table), Doing, Building, Sewing, Gluing, and definitely not posting desperate Instagram photos every half hour.
Peace out, Suckas!

2 comments:

  1. You can do it!!!
    Popogirl.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. But your desperate Instagram photos would be so much better than any others.

    ReplyDelete